- Learn English using Ask John English
- Join Ask John English
- Set-up your Profile
- Use the Forum
- Use the Chat Room
- Use the Free Email Lessons
- Use your Blog
- Send and Read Messages
- Control Emails from the Ask John English Site
- Meet People and Make Friends on this Site
- Cancel your Membership
The Ask John English site gives you many tools, lessons and support to help you learn and practice using English! There are many members on this site, including both learners and teachers of English!
So, let’s get started! All new visitors should start with these steps:
- Join the free email lessons
- Read the regular free lessons on the Free Lessons page
- Join the free membership site
- Complete your profile. Make sure you add your interests and something about yourself. This will help you to find friends.
TIP: Add the name of your home country and any other countries you are interested in, to your list of interests.
- Introduce yourself on the discussion forum and reply to other people’s messages. Tell us:
- Where you are from (your country and one interesting thing about your country)
- Why or how you use English. Is it a hobby, for work, or school?
- What you want to learn or what you wish you could do with English. Maybe travel the world, pass your exam or get a job using English with better money!
- Something you would like to share with other members. Maybe something about yourself or a funny story – or anything you like!
- Do the activities in the discussion forum
- Chat to other members in the chat room and using private messaging
- Read blogs written by other site members
This video has more suggestions on how to learn English with Ask John English:
4. How to use the Forum
8. How to Send and Read Messages
9. How to Control Emails from the Ask John English site
10. How to Meet People and Make Friends
TIP – Use the forum, chat room, and private messaging
There are many ways to meet people from all over the world on this site. For example:
- In the forum – read what other people have written and write back to them!
- In the chat room – you can meet people in the chat room by going and taking a look at who is in there and then chatting with them!
- Arrange a time to chat together in the chat room with people you have met on the forum or on the blog.
- Private messaging – you can also send private messages to other members.
- Use the ‘find friends’ page to search for new friends according to their name or interest.
- Read and write back to other people’s comments on the free lessons pages.
11. How to Cancel your Membership
You may cancel your membership at any time by sending an email to email@example.com with ‘delete me’ in the subject line. Your account will then be permanently deleted from the site.